As world leaders met recently to discuss hunger around the globe, they sure did not miss many calories as they dined on a sumptuous feast. Could they not see the irony?
Hat tip to Christina Dunigan.
Menus at food summit feature Italian specialties
The luncheon menus for the U.N. Food and Agriculture summit in Rome feature Italian specialties:
• Vol-au-vent (pastry puffs) with corn and mozzarella
• Pasta with a sauce of pumpkin and shrimp in cream
• Veal rolls with cherry tomatoes and basil
• Spinach Roman-style
• Fruit salad with vanilla ice cream
• White wine from Orvieto
• Cheese mousse
• Pasta with vegetables and cherry tomatoes
• Chopped beef
• Butter beans
• Pineapple with ice cream
• Zucchini pie
• Parmesan Risotto
• Ragout of veal with legumes
• Sauteed potatoes
• Lemon mousse with raspberry sauce.
• Pinot Grigio
Source: Associated Press